Sunday, January 2, 2011

a new year =)

Well, I’m in the air again. I never can seem to keep my feet planted, I guess! I am really missing everyone today. I haven’t really been able to communicate with anyone back home for a while now, and frankly, it’s harder that I thought it would be. When I’m alone with my thoughts, I think a little too much.

Despite the longing feelings, it is absolutely beautiful here. Beyond words gorgeous. So what I lack in my familiar beautiful faces, I gained in beautiful scenery. I still cannot believe this is where God called me! It’s too amazing. Seems unfair. In a lot of ways, I feel I don’t deserve it. Actually, I don’t. We never deserve anything right? Life is a gift, undeserved. But God is awfully gracious to us and our sinful selves.

Wow… I just looked out the window again and realized where I am. Spectacular. I can’t help but feel so small from this height. This world, this life, this view… beyond me and everyone else. We were never built to be big enough or strong enough or beautiful enough. God is all those things in and through us. Takes some of the pressure off!

Cape Town was wonderful with the Revive team... It was exactly what I needed to begin my life here in South Africa. They are truly my family and I wouldn't be here today without each and every one of them! What a fun time of sight-seeing... Cape Point, Scenic drives, penguins, markets, and New Years out at the beach house! What more could I ask for?! And now we're on our way to Johannesburg for Youth Week... the excitement builds =)

I am so grateful. I don’t think I share that with God enough or the people around me. I’m so bad at giving and receiving gifts, so I guess it makes sense that I struggle with the idea of gratitude. I will begin to mend that problem though. Let it be my first baby step towards discovering my true purpose here.

And hey, I just realized it’s now 2011! Where did the year go?! Soon enough I’m sure I will be reflecting on all the things 2010 brought… the good, the bad, and the ugly… it was quite a year! Reflection and gratitude. Looks like I got my work cut out for me!

I can only imagine what the Lord has in store for me and Shawna. I’m beyond excited. I’m just ready to be used. And in that I hope to find where the Lord ultimately wants me. I wouldn’t mind if it was riiiiiight here! Here I am, Lord. Send me.

Prayer requests - Pray for all the youth that will attend Youth Week! Open their hearts Lord. Also, pray for humility and understanding in our Revive team. We are here to serve!

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment